Quantitative Model Validator
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Entry level role to validate asset management mathematical models for a FinTech firm based in London.
AlternativeSoft is a global financial technology firm which specialises in the design and development of software in the Asset Management space. Since our establishment in 2005, AlternativeSoft has earned an international reputation for successfully aiding clients in the construction of their portfolios and managing their risks. We continue to strengthen our already significant presence in the Alternative Investment space through working with some of the largest asset managers in the world, and providing clients with innovative development which focuses on simplicity. Our staff comprises of highly skilled individuals who enrich our company with their in-depth knowledge and their high standard of work.
At AlternativeSoft, we have successfully cultivated a collegial work environment that promotes collaboration and innovation. Analytical rigor is a demand of our company’s culture and all staff members are rewarded for their dedication and hard work.
We strongly believe that when great minds put their heads together, anything is possible.
You will be responsible for:
- Validating existing and new asset management models (Qualitative and Quantitative) in our software
- Reviewing the underlying assumptions, theory, derivation, empirical evidence, implementation and limitations of the model being validated.
- Developing basic models in Excel/VBA for model review and model risk management purposes.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors in a numerate degree and a Masters degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field.
- A curious and analytical mindset with a natural ability to solve problems efficiently.
- An interest in computers and technology and a knack to simplify complex processes is a must.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel is a must and knowledge of VBA will be advantageous.
- Self-Starter and ability to work independently as well as an in a collaborative team environment.
- Hard work, being organised and managing multiple projects simultaneously while paying attention to detail are valued skills.
- The capability to perfectly communicate in English (Written & Spoken) and present ideas clearly and concisely are highly desired.
How you might fit:
- We are looking for an individual who is determined to work with our models directly.
- We need a highly skilled individual who has the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and can work independently on complex models.
- We require an individual who shows drive and takes initiative.
- No previous work experience is required. Training will be provided to successful candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews, plus perks/benefits.
- An opportunity to work in the FinTech space.
- A modern office in Canary Wharf.
- Join a fast-growing company that is self-funded, with healthy financials and a long list of clients who collectively manage over 1 Trillion USD.
Please be aware this is an entry level role and applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.