Quantitative Investment manager - Quantitative Software Engineer - London / NYC - pnl impact - high upside on compensation!!
- In the region of - £150,000-£300,000 GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
My firm has taken on a position with world-class electronic trading firm - the role is likely to be based in London (possibly NYC). They are searching hybrid individual; Algorithmic Developer - Numerical Software Engineer – Quantitative Developer - Strategist etc. This pioneering buy-side firm is looking for a talented individual with a blend of core systems programming with a flair for algorithms and basic mathematics. The tech stack is Java (Python for the Quant code) but many of the team come from other technical background.
This is systematic trading firm that compares favourably to some the more traditional tech giants and start-ups. Firstly, this role sits within a trading team that’s run by Scientist and Programmers within an extremely casual environment. This firm treats its research staff and software engineers as its number 1 asset and they get spoilt accordingly!
This firm is long established as one of the most successful electronic trading businesses worldwide, trading all major asset classes globally, across varying time horizons.
Teams are kept small with 4-6 people in each, the selection process is carefully orchestrated and only the very best are picked! This results in a higher than average standard of programming and people. The filter on quality also allows them to reward the people they do have better than almost all other firms that I’ve come across.
- Exceptional academics from a leading university - ideally in Computer Science.
- Deeply technical, Java (or C++). The production environment in Java but many of the team have come from C++ backgrounds. The chances are that you will also be skilled in the design and build of distributed, highly concurrent systems.
- A decent foundation is basic mathematics.
- Experience or aptitude of working with highly intelligent end users, in this case quantitative researchers / scientist types.
- The also likely that you will have had an early interest in computers will have probably made contributions to the open source community or competed in coding competitions or the like.
If you are interested to find out more about this firm and how they are organised, please contact, Mike Sherwin.
Mobile: +44 (0)7795 394 276