Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) / Alternative Risk Premia
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
We are very busy with QIS / Alternative Risk Premia mandates across asset classes, function and strategies. This is due to a high level of demand in the market for talent. We are a firm that specialises within this market and are currently working with a select group of Investment Banks (both market leading and challengers), Hedge Funds (established and start-ups) and a couple of Asset Managers who are actively looking to build and grow teams in the space.
Many QIS / Alternative Risk Premia groups have had very successful years, and this is leading to a high level of appetite to hire. Due to the evolving nature of this business it means many roles have very broad scope both in terms of immediate responsibilities but also how the roles can evolve in terms of career progression.
We are seeing particularly high demand for:
- Volatility Quantitative Research Expertise (i.e. volatility based systematic strategy construction and development skill). There is demand across asset classes though equity is certainly the busiest for us.
- Structurers who have strong exposure to Cross Asset Quantitative Portfolio Construction.
- German speaking Sales/Product Specialists (dedicated to Alternative Risk Premia / QIS market)
- Sales/Business Development professionals with investors interested in allocating to early stage hedge funds (some very interesting roles incl equity)
- Innovative QIS Systematic Research for publication. We are working with a couple of firms looking to have a dedicated research function sat within the business (i.e. not in the Research Division). The focus for these roles will be to write papers for publication on innovative research topics
- Cross Asset Macro / FICC Quantitative Research (Delta One Strategies). We are seeing an uptick in demand for FICC professionals with specialist QIS expertise. Rates and Credit in particular are markets where firms are looking to build.
- Implementation/Technology specialists. With business having such successful years, it is no surprise that there are firms that are looking to increase their capacity for work.
Apologies for advertising anonymously but we are so busy we can only respond to highly qualified candidates. If you are a professional with a significant background within quantitative investment strategies and would like to discuss your career with a specialist headhunter then please register your interest by sending through your CV or just a quick email outlining your background and we’ll be in touch!