Quantitative Investment Analyst - Emerging Markets
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
This position will be within the Fixed Income Quantitative Investments and Research (FI Quant) Group. The primary role of the analyst will be to develop and enhance investment models in support of the Fixed Income group. The analyst will develop models and research in collaboration with the investment team with the objective of enhancing the investment performance. The analyst will engage the sell-side and academic research to keep current on topical research and apply these methods to enhance the proprietary capabilities. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Conduct quantitative research focusing on fixed Income emerging markets (local currency, hard currency and corporates) that is relevant and topical to supporting the fixed income investment team. Work with investment teams and other quantitative analysts to develop research agenda, execute on the research, and communicate the results.
- Collaborate with investment teams and the front-office development team to conceptualize and build proprietary investment tools.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics, or financial engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial mathematics and portfolio concepts.
- Ability to program in analytic languages (R, Python, etc.) and work with databases.
- Detailed knowledge of fixed-income market and instruments.
- Ability to work with numbers and datasets with full understanding of statistics and numerical analysis.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and solve problems creatively.
- 7+ years of prior work experience.
- Knowledge of macroeconomics and its relation to the financial markets.
- Experience researching EM FI markets.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.