Quantitative Engineer - PA SPG Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Equities Portfolio Analytics Strats team is a group of engineers that cover all Equities Trading business around the globe at Goldman Sachs by helping them measure and manage risk and profitability for firm trading books. The team has a broad mandate which includes development of risk engines, reliable scheduling of trading desk risk computations, data warehousing and aggregation of business metrics including profit/loss and market risk. In addition to evolving the risk platform they are involved in specific exercises to optimize the business including analytics to understand capital and regulatory risk cost drivers as well as commercial optimizations based on intraday analytics and hedging tools. The team works closely with desk-specific quants and senior traders in the division to help maximize the profitability of Goldman Sachs' Equities franchise. HOW YOU WILL FULLFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with trading to deliver innovative solutions to automate their manual workflows
- Develop, maintain and scale the risk management platforms for different businesses
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide impact in a variety of tactical work by being close to the day-to-day activity on the trading desks
- Deploy engineering solutions to solve problems which help desks run business more smoothly
- Identify and build improvements to system behaviour, control and monitoring tools.
- Be a part of projects that continue to improve the availability, stability and performance of the system
- Be part of the vibrant global portfolio analytics team and use your engineering skills to impact business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Strong programming skills in an object orientated or functional paradigm such as C, C++, Java, Python etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Admirable sense of ownership and drive.
- Interest in and commitment to clean code principles and good coding practices
- Ability and willingness to participate in code review process and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a diverse, global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity