Quantitative Engineer - Ficcs XDA IRP Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In Goldman Sachs quantitative strategists are a the cutting edge of our businesses, solving real-world problems through a variety of analytical methods. Working in close collaboration with traders and sales, strats' invaluable quantitative perspectives on complex financial and technical challenges power our business decisions.
We are a team of desk strategists who work to transform the FICC and Equity Derivatives businesses by automating the key decisions taken every day. Our team has a wide remit including automatic quoting, optimizing hedging decisions and developing algorithms to trade derivatives on venues around the world. We also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor. Role Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and support distributed systems tracking business workflows for derivatives quoting, hedging and booking
- Build rich user applications using the latest web and server side technologies
- Integrate with external platforms, markets and clients using industry standard protocols such as FIX and REST
- Capture data and analytics, used to improve business decision making and client experience
- Ensure systems can handle high data volumes using established and emerging technologies, techniques and processes.
- Work closely with sales and trading, support our automated pricing and trading systems.
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks,
- Excellent academic record in a relevant technical such as computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python.
- At least 2 years' experience.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Previous technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class),
- Experiencedesigning and implementing distributed systems modelling complex and electronic workflows in finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity