- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Quantitative DeveloperAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered bank is hiring Haskell developers for Strats. We now have 40+ strats working in very diverse financial market projects within corporate and institutional banking. Some of our projects are client-facing GUIs, others are server-side request handlers or reporting tools, and we also do a significant amount of devops. We use Haskell (or our in-house variant, Mu) for practically everything we do.
We value diversity: we have strats with no university degree and strats with PhD + 20 years industrial experience, coming from over 20 different countries, of all age groups. We offer competitive salary package.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
• Develop and support applications using Haskell over a wide range of usage patterns, from desktop GUIs to server-side large-scale batch computations
• Interact with users, understand their needs, develop solutions accordingly
• Work with a team of other developers
• Follow the strict rules and regulations that come with working in finance
• Demonstrated experience with typed functional programming, preferably in Haskell
• Solid Computer Science knowledge (algorithms, data structures, complexity, concurrency / parallelism)
• Good communication and team-work skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.