Quantitative Data Analyst - Newly created role at leading Hedge Fund
- Experience driven - they want to secure the best candidate so will make it happen.
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- OCR Alpha
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
Our client is a market leading, West End based, Long Short Equity Hedge Fund. They have several $billion in AUM and have generated a really impressive 5+ years track record. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to bring on board a new member to join their research team. This person should be technically proficient in a quantitative discipline as he/she will be expected to utilise these skills to their utmost in this newly created role.
The person they hire will be expected to become an expert on the company’s stock screening process and should be able to both build out back testing functions and perform statistical analysis within this area. A core focus of the role will be on analysing data and understanding how to get the most out of what is being reviewed. This individual will help provide valuable insights into the firm’s investment process through building out a systematic process to identifying potential trade ideas based on guidance from the investment team.
This exciting opportunity will really suit someone who feels they could excel in a highly entrepreneurial environment. This person will need to be well organised and must show a highly structured approach to their work in their earlier career history.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage external data feeds and integrate new ones as needed
- In turn integrate all data into the internal systems
- Implement data quality checks and control
- Run regular back testing based on collaboration with the Investment team
- Create analytics based on the back testing results
- You will work with various software platforms (notably Tableau)
Required skills and experience:
- A number of years’ transferable work experience within an Investment Manager or Investment Bank
- Programming in R, Python, SQL and VBA, with Tableau exposure being a big plus
- You need to be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Possess strong, independent intellectual curiosity
- Be determined and persistent
- Be extremely hardworking