Quantitative Analyst , Actuarial/ALM/Life Insurance for Client Facing/Sales position – London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Octavius Finance
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Our client is currently looking for a Quant analyst in within the Insurance/Actuarial space to join their EMEA sales team to provide technical sales support within a sales function. You should be an ambitious and driven individual with excellent communication skills who wants to use your technical capabilities in a slightly different career path. The client believes that your experience within the Actuarial space combined with your technical knowledge with enable you to be very credible in front of clients and successful in a sales capacity.
In addition to helping the sales specialists to better service existing clients you will also have the possibility to take on further responsibility with experience, as well as to contribute to the thought leadership and technical direction of the company.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience within an actuarial position and be looking for a role within a highly successful sales team where you will receive full training and support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively working with prospective clients through the sales process, providing technical assistance and guidance as required.
- Working with clients to understand their requirements and demands in detail – either meeting these directly, or interacting with other internal teams (e.g. Product Management; Quantitative Research) to provide the required service/response.
- Undertaking bespoke analysis to better map prospective clients’ business needs.
- Providing training and support, models and calibrations as part of the sales process
- Working closely to support new clients through the post-sales implementation period.
- Contribute to thought leadership initiatives through regular presentations, white papers, input into internal discussions in trends in the life insurance market, impact of new regulations.
In order to apply you must have:
• A PhD or MSc from a leading school in a quantitative subject. (Actuarial experience preferred).
• Excellent English language skills (written and verbal communication)
• Relevant life insurance market experience.
• Candidates should be familiar with Monte Carlo simulation techniques and Stochastic calculus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
• Experience in life insurance and an understanding of the current regulatory environment as well as an appreciation for regulatory changes such as Solvency II. Either directly from industry or from consultancy.
• A strong understanding of life insurance products, features and management strategies; some familiarity with the technical ALM modelling challenges and/or capital modeling challenges faced by the industry and the range of approaches being adopted to meet these challenges.
• Experience in using, implementing or reviewing Moody’s stochastic asset models, or from other market providers of stochastic asset models would be highly preferred
• Experience of one of C++, Java or C# and good knowledge of Excel/VBA.
Interviews are taking place this month.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to email@example.com or call 02080044029