- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Quantitative Analyst - Off-cycle Graduate Internship (12 month FTC)
We are looking for an entrepreneurial graduate to join our Fixed Income – Credit division as a graduate intern. You will need to be interested in handing large datasets to extract valuable information to influence investment process and strategy.
The European and UK Credit team managers around £20bn in assets across Euro, Sterling and Global Credit Strategies. We have a team of 7 specialist Bond Fund Managers in the team who are supported by the Global Credit Analysts. You will be joining the quantitative side of the research team working closely with the fundamental credit analysts and portfolio managers.
The quantity of information available for investment research purposes is increasing at such a rate that traditional industry practices and skillsets are unable to absorb and process it. Global trends in digitalisation, social media, open data and technology are all creating vast streams of alternative data that are often highly unstructured; however they contain valuable and often unique insights.
As research-driven bond investors, we gain a performance advantage by using our large team of specialist analysts and portfolio managers to research ideas in their local markets. As Idea generation is a key component of success we are committed to operate a diverse creative and smart team.
Who we look for:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial graduate to join our Fixed Income – Credit division as a graduate intern. You will need to be interested in handing large datasets to extract valuable information to influence investment process and strategy. You will be working on a variety of projects through the whole development cycle including data collection, cleaning, research, prototyping, implementation, validation, automation and maintenance. We have a track record of converting our interns into quantitative analysts after 12 months.
Our goals and investment decisions are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value, therefore we employ the most talented, innovative and ambitious individuals with an inquisitive mind and an appetite for a challenge. You will need to have intellectual curiosity and the passion and desire to make Independent decisions based on your thorough research. You will have strong analytical skills and a passion for data driven investment decisions.
• Researching, developing and implementing models for projects in collaboration with others in the team
• Analysing large datasets to help detect and uncover hidden signals
• Creating analytics tools to help portfolio managers and analysts making sound investment decision.
• Actively contribute to the team’s overarching monthly strategy
• 2:1 honours degree or above/equivalent. Preferred degree disciplines include but are not limited to Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Operational Research, Computer Science and other STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Technology) disciplines.
• Programming experience in R, Matlab or Python.
• An interest in data analysis, machine learning, quantitative finance.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and in a team
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to work well in a fast paced environment
To apply, please visit www.schroders.com. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete a video interview.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.