Quantitative Analyst/Data Scientist
- £90,000 +
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 11 Sep 17
Looking for a dynamic quantitative analyst/data scientist to join a start-up consumer credit business, operating in the UK energy markets. In this role the candidate will work closely with the CEO and CTO, working on numerous areas of analytics. The company offers a unique type of financing to UK homeowners and property owners to invest in energy efficient and renewable measures. They already have substantial financial backing from major private investors on top of backing from the UK Government Legislation. As this is a start-up, the successful candidate will form the foundations of the company and have significant equity potential.
This is a robust and dynamic role where data and technology are at the heart of what the company do. The role will involve the presentation of data analysis in person and in written form. The role will focus on the following, but there is considerable scope for the role to expand into other areas;
• Loan book analysis. We have a current loan book of c. £40m, which has about 12,500 borrowers. Whilst we have completed a significant amount of analysis on this, there is a significant amount of ongoing and new analysis to complete on the book in order to understand the book’s performance characteristics, which cohorts are performing better / worse etc.
• Credit decisioning. As a lending business, developing and underwriting credit risk is a key area of focus. We are in the process of developing our credit risk scorecard and would like the data analyst to be very actively involved in the analysis to develop this scorecard based on the performance of the existing book, as well as numerous other data sources which we have access to.
• Commercial analysis. We have access to a significant amount of property data from some of the larger listed online property agents. Access to this data set gives us a deep and wide view of the UK domestic real estate market. This is potentially a very valuable data set for us in that it allows us to; i) generate leads for our installer partners; ii) identify older properties which may benefit from the installation of energy efficient measures, iii) complete customer segmentation of the existing set of borrowers to help our installer partners better target potential customers; iv) identify other trends in the market place
• Monitoring return on marketing investment. Analysis of return on our marketing investment (SEO, PR, other etc) in order to optimise our marketing spend
• Monetising the data generated by our installed measures. Over time, we believe that there could be significant value created in monetising the data generated by some of the energy efficient measures installed in homeowners properties.
• Loan Book Reporting. Weekly and monthly reporting of loan book performance
• Sales Reporting. Develop automated tools to develop understanding of sales origination via our installer partners
• Analysis of collection of company loans. Ongoing analysis of the structure of the company loans in order to make the process and flow more efficient
• Development of Data Warehouse. We will look to build a data warehouse over the coming 6-9 months, which will be the main repository of information for the business
• Must have strong SQL
• Preferably R / Python
• Tableau, Qlikview
• 5-8 years of experience in a quantitative role in a commercial setting
• MSc or PhD in a quantitative subject (math, economics, econometrics, physics, computer science, engineering etc.)
• History of strong academic performance
• Ability to present data findings clearly and simply