You will work closely with the revenue-generating teams analysing and visualising data to provide insights to support decision making and portfolio management. There will be opportunities to support other functions within the business, including the middle office and product teams. In general, they are looking for an independent problem-solver, with a track record of delivering robust, high-performance code and a passion for alternative assets investing.
My client is a global asset manager, with over $350bn AUM and multiple offices across Europe. They are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join an alternative asset class team.
- Implementing quantitative risk management and pricing models in Python
- Communicating with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Structuring code that is easily interpreted and follows an object-oriented approach
- Interacting with databases in SQL and producing a range of data insights
- Developing quantitative libraries to support portfolio risk management, investment decision making and client pitching
- Producing reusable, scalable analytical reports that demonstrate the excellence of the client to their investors
- Take ownership of the scaling of proprietary data and analytics tools and provide unique insights from the data available
- Excellent quantitative skills (typically evidenced by a 1st class undergraduate degree in maths, statistics, computer science, engineering, etc from a top tier university)
- Expert programming in OOP Languages. Python is essential for this role and knowledge of VBA and/or R would be desirable
- Understanding of alternative assets and real estate investing would be desirable
- A broad understanding of model risk, bringing new approaches and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiasm, "can-do" attitude, and drive