- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BlueBay Asset Management LLP
- 09 Oct 17 2017-10-09
Support the activities around quantitative and data science spectrum.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of customized databases of relevant data.
- Creation and maintenance of systematic processes to ensure data quality.
- Support the development of quants projects.
- Extraction of insights from large data.
- Clearly communicate complex ideas and analysis to Front Office stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Add value to the investment process by supporting the design of portfolio optimization, asset allocation and signal generation across investment desks.
- Conduct quantitative ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Experience creating and manipulating databases, using SQL
- Strong numerical and problem solving skills.
- Strong programming in R or Python.
- Excellent Excel skills (VBA would be a plus)
- Multi-asset Fixed income industry knowledge and instrument coverage.
- Relationship management and excellent soft skills.
- Graduate from numerical field ( Finance, Economics, Maths, or Statistics); Masters degree (in a complementary numerical field) a significant plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven relevant industry experience.
- Once in the role you will be required to have full understanding and/or awareness of:
- BlueBay's Compliance Manual with specific focus on the PA Dealing, Gifts and Entertaining and Conflicts of Interest Policy
- BlueBay’s Employee Handbook
- GIPs market conventions and regulatory reporting requirements and any amendments to these going forward
- Team player who fosters and maintains good relationships within the team and with stakeholders.
- Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their role. Keeps the client in mind when carrying out day to day tasks.
- Displays a positive attitude towards continued learning, actively seeks out answers to any questions that arise.
- Show an aptitude for process improvement, and have the gumption to challenge the status quo if a better solution can be devised.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
- Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness throughout.
- Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences.