Quantitative Advisory, Market Risk, Senior Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
Job Title: Quants - Market Risk - Senior Consultant Location: Canary Wharf Salary Level: Competitive
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN OUR BANGALORE OFFICE, PLEASE STATE ON YOUR COVER LETTER IF YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED
EY is looking for a Quantitative Advisory Services Senior Consultants to join the Market Risk team in our Canary Wharf offices. This is a rapidly growing area supported by an increased focus across the industry. That makes this a great time to join a high-profile team where you'll be surrounded by some of the most interesting and knowledgeable colleagues around.
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a key focus area for the Quantitative Advisory Services practice and a strategic value proposition and part of the broader Corporate and Investment Banking Transformation Solutions. FRTB regulations have a significant impact on the front to back market risk management capabilities and technology landscape of global investment banks. EY has been an early mover on FRTB and has been extensively helping our clients mobilise strategic change and regulatory compliance programmes across business and technology. Do you think you have what it takes to develop into a market leading expert in a fast evolving and exciting growth area?
Your key responsibilities
The successful Quantitative Advisory Services Senior Consultant will be involved in client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external client relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements.
As a Senior Consultant in the team you can expect to be involved in the following activities:
* Participate in and lead in Quantitative Risk engagements with a Market Risk focus
* Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
* Assist in preparing reports and project plans that will be delivered to clients and other parties
* Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
* Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
Skills and attributes for success
* Confident and credible communicator with good technical knowledge and commercial understanding
* Project management and strong report writing skills
* Experience in stakeholder and client management
* Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of the EY market solutions
To qualify for the role you must have
* Relevant experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions
* Strong academic background including a Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent
* Good understanding of Derivative Pricing, Market and CVA methodologies used for the trading, risk management and ideally experience in FRTB and CRDIV or calculation of regulatory capital requirements
* Modelling background, including experience in model development and model validation of Derivative Pricing, Market Risk and CVA models and experience of standard techniques used
* Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA /Java /C++ / SQL/R/Matlab/.NET
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.