Quant Developer (Analyst) - Quantitative Strategies, Index & Alpha Strategies Group
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer (CRCO) function was created in 2020 through the combination of previously separate Risk and Compliance functions, to further enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our control environment amid stricter regulatory frameworks. The responsibilities of CRCO include Risk, ranging from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities, and Compliance, focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. The success of CRCO depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate, which in turn depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
The Index & Alpha Strategies team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and distribution of Credit Suisse proprietary benchmarks as well as the development and improvement of the platforms and infrastructure that supports its index trading business. The group works across multiple asset classes including Equity Derivatives, Multi-Asset, IG/HY Credit, Rates, Emerging Markets, FX, Commodities & a suite of Bond indices. This is a team with presence in New York, London, Singapore & Mumbai and is part of the Quantitative Strategies area within the bank.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to join our team in London in an entry level role. You should have a passion for programming and finance, preferably with elements of studies in derivatives, and mathematical and financial market's knowledge.
- The opportunity to be involved in the construction, analysis and development of new systematic investable indices that will be marketed and sold to key clients of the bank.
- Exposure to a broad range of analytical functions such as performance attribution, scenario and optimization analysis on index strategies, as well as development and validation of quantitative frameworks and models.
- An environment requiring close collaboration with multiple partners and functions involved in index production, administration and trading.
- Responsibility for the accuracy and maintenance of officially published index strategies. Ensure that they remain in compliance with evolving regulatory standards.
- A friendly working environment with a group of dedicated professionals.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- A graduate or post graduate degree in a technical field, preferably in computer science or a scientific or mathematical field (or equivalent practical experience) with a strong emphasis or focus on programming.
- Understanding of the concepts on object orientated programming. Familiarity with the C# programming language and development environments would be beneficial.
- Interest in working with and utilising large data sets. Knowledge of relational databases or SQL is preferable.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation skills. Ability to work effectively with global partners and articulate complex principles and issues.
- Results-oriented with excellent problem solving skills, attention to details and ability to learn.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success