Quant Developer - Python/Java/C#
- Competitive base + bonus GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Work as a software developer/quant developer at a leading hedge fund building out a brand new e-trading desk trading Futures, FX and Equities
You will be working hand-in-hand with their Quant Researchers. Your challenges will be varied, and will involve implementing new trading strategies, building new research frameworks and quant libraries, prototyping new data feeds, development of new portfolio construction techniques or building risk analysis tools.
Their systems are almost all running on Linux and most of their code is in Python, with the full scientific stack: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn etc. They implement the systems that require the highest data throughput in Java. For storage, they rely heavily on MongoDB and Oracle.
They use Airflow for workflow management, Kafka for data pipelines, Bitbucket for source control, Jenkins for continuous integration, Grafana + Prometheus for metrics collection, ELK for log shipping and monitoring, Docker for containerisation, OpenStack for our private cloud, Ansible for architecture automation, and HipChat for internal communication.
- Use of strong, collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, refactoring and related approaches, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming languages e.g. Python, Java, C/C++ (Any OO considered)
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Good knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. MongoDB, Oracle, KDB/OneTick
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools e.g. NumPy/SciPy/Pandas, Pyramid, AngularJS etc.