Quality Assurance Manager
DESCRIPTION The Fire TV team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Quality Assurance Manager who has experience testing consumer products such as set-top boxes, Tablet Computers, etc built on Android operating system. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact and work on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
As a QAM on the Fire TV team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will lead a team of seasoned QA engineers and will have a significant impact on the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly value to our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques and drive quality upstream.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in manual and automated testing
• 7+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
• 3+ years of experience as direct manager leading a team of experienced QAE
• Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
• Experience writing test plans, test strategies, test automation, and test cases.
• Knowledge of at least one Programming or scripting language: Python, Java, C++ etc.
• Troubleshooting/Debugging experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience testing Android devices or other consumer electronic devices.
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Dealing with ambiguity and exceptional problem solving skills
• Experience with open source test tools
• Experiemce working with certification 3rd parties
• API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks