- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: London, England, United KingdomWe are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to join the European structured finance desk in London and play a key role in the delivery of our award winning analytical platforms used by banks, hedge funds and investor clients globally.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with both the stakeholders and software engineers in order to drive the development process forward. Experience in finance, and structured finance in particular, is beneficial however we are open minded to smart candidates from other fields of expertise who are interested in getting exposure to the multi-trillion dollar securitization market.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests (e.g. Mocha/Selenium..)
- Design and maintain test data and analyze test results using queries. (MSSQL)
- Coordinate and work with other testers and key stakeholders to ensure coverage (functional, regression and UAT testing) for each software release.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly with test artifacts and track bugs/defects/issues for each release with JIRA.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Analyse the results and provide meaningful reports to project team.
Our development teams are located primarily in New York and San Francisco. This position has been created as part of a strategy to increase our development capacity on the ground in London, to drive forward projects that will support the continued growth of our European securitization business.
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) or higher in computer science or a related field
- Understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Good understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Ability to work under pressure handling multiple projects concurrently to meet tight deadlines within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyse system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test scenarios and test cases
- Knowledge in database skills (Mongo, SQL Server)
- VBA, C#, Java and or scripting experience a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
- Familiar with QA testing tools (Sikuli, Jmeter, Selenium, Chimp, Cucumber, TestLink) and environments
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.