Quality Assurance - Ops and Compliance - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
See job description for details
QAPM provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients. QAPM’s goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
- You will be asked to develop / configure software to deliver test automation suites.
- Part of the role will require you perform initial diagnosis when automated test suites fail.
- You will update existing automation suites to maintain coverage objectives.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously that will require: requirements gathering by working closely with Operations and Development Teams, test planning and test execution. Being the point person for Operations and QA for testing New Requirements.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Test Requirements, Test plans, Test Cases in the Test Repository – ALM.
- Participate in Quality Assurance best practices and contribute to process improvements throughout all of Global Regulatory Reporting.
- Drive changes in test processes to improve productivity and efficiency. Excellent communications skills to report status and progress updates to Senior Management in QAPM, Development/ Operations teams.
- Collaborate with QA colleagues and our partner teams in development and the business to research and develop new tools to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to define and automate a functional test using TDD, BDD framework (e.g. Concordian, JBehave)
- Proficient in traditional RDBMS schema and SQL e.g. Sybase, DB2
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with Backend Testing Solutions using Python / Perl / JS / Java / Saturn
- Excellent test analysis skills (Ideally - ISEB Software Tester or equivalent)
- Exposure to BDD (JBehave / Cucumber/ Fitness / Concordian) - Concordian & Saturn are currently in use in this area
- UI Automation (Selenium/Test Complete) would be added benefit
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.