QEP Implementation Portfolio Manager
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an Implementation Portfolio Manager with strong attention to detail. Someone who takes a highly pro-active approach to assessing risk, highlighting and resolving process inefficiencies, and delivering process enhancements.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Schroders' QEP Investment Team consists of 31 members, located in London, Sydney and New York. It currently manages approximately US$ 30 billion across a range of global and emerging market equity strategies on behalf of clients around the world.
The team is organized across four key functions:
• A team of Portfolio Managers responsible for managing equity strategies across different styles and regions
• The Research team is responsible for researching new investment strategies and enhancing existing models
• The Portfolio Implementation team, located in London, is responsible for effective implementation and day-to-day management of client portfolios
• The Product team oversees relationship management, client service and business development
Additionally, the QEP Investment Team utilises Schroders' global resources across areas such as Trading, IT, Risk and Compliance.
Overview of Role/Principle Responsibilities
Implementation Portfolio Managers interact closely with the QEP team's Portfolio Managers, working alongside them in the management of their portfolios, focusing on trade order workflow, client take-on, cash flow management, currency hedging, portfolio transitions, corporate actions and investment restrictions.
The role involves ensuring that the team's trades are executed in a timely and effective manner, liaising with Schroders' global dealing teams and other functional areas. The team is responsible for overseeing the effective implementation of a high volume of trades and monitoring multiple markets and events. Role holders are expected to take a highly pro-active approach to assessing risk, highlighting and resolving process inefficiencies, delivering process enhancements, and should exhibit anticipation and sound decision-making.
• Collaborate closely with QEP's Portfolio Managers, working alongside them in the management of their portfolios to ensure decisions are implemented in an accurate and timely manner
• Drive continual improvement of the portfolio implementation process, effectively responding to market developments and changing priorities
• Plan own workload, typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and or external events.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• A methodical, technical mind-set, encompassing advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience with Order Management Systems (particularly Aladdin).
• A knowledge of equities investing in general and trading in equities and derivative instruments (futures, currency forwards and swaps) in particular
• An appreciation of ESG considerations and their implications for investing
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• A familiarity with programming languages such as SQL would be desirable
• Educated to degree level (or the equivalent); 2:1 or above, preferably in a numeric field, preferably progressing towards CFA designation
• Experience of working in a similar Implementation role for an asset manager, or in a trading environment, would be helpful
What you'll be like
• Strong attention to detail
• A direct and effective communicator who is diligent, persuasive, confident and credible in dealing with management and colleagues
• An ability to work effectively both as a part of a team and independently
• Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure in fast-paced environments, be resilient, managing a variety of tasks and competing priorities
• A logical mind-set; an analytical, problem-solving disposition
What we offer
• Innovative, start-up mentality. No idea is off the table.
• Dedicated coding/developer team to respond to ever-evolving landscape.
• Possibility to grow into and shape the role, playing to your strengths as they align to the needs of the business.
• Expectation to critique and challenge accepted operating models and approaches. Open culture of feedback at all seniority levels.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are. Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.