QA Lead - Equity Derivatives and Risk QA– Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Dec 18
See job description for details
The Quality Assurance and Production Management (QAPM) division is responsible for the Quality Assurance and Application Support for a range of custom Front, Middle and Back office applications used to support the business processes within Morgan Stanley.
The QA Team is a highly innovative team of full time employees based in NY, LN, Mumbai, Bengaluru and a consultant team based in Pune & Bengaluru. The team performs Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance testing for internally and externally developed software applications.
The team is looking for a senior team lead to lead a team of automation engineers and testers in a DevOps organized environment. This requires the candidate to be a self-starter, be able to adapt to a continuous changing and fast paced environment, be able to successfully multi-task, and be fully engaged in hands-on QA role that promotes DevOps testing best practices.
The following will be the candidates key focus areas.
- Passionate in automating end to end testing including frontend/backend applications.
- Build technical solutions to bring about frequent, incremental code testing through Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Take a hands-on approach to implementing a QA processes from requirements analysis to test planning through test design and automation.
- Collaborate with Developers, Business users to drive QA agenda & standards by engaging with them throughout the SDLC
- Own the quality and timeliness of delivery
- Manage stakeholder expectations by communicating key issues and progress accurate updates in a timely fashion.
- Able to define a test strategy and test plan for a large project involving many systems and teams
- Able to manage the day-to-day execution of many test initiatives running in parallel
- Able to design and automate end-to-end testing solutions involving N-tier distributed architectures
- Able to design and automate isolated component level tests using light-weight scripts written in Java, Python or shell
- Excellent test analysis skills; able to define Functional and Non-Functional tests cases as required
- Able to query and analyze data stored in traditional RDBMS schema
- Able to devise and promote process improvements to make the QA teams and processes more effective
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Able to build Continuous Integration jobs and Continuous Deployment jobs using existing frameworks such as Jenkins
- Able to define BDD feature files and incorporate them into next generation BDD frameworks (JBehave / Cucumber/ Fitness / Concordion)
- Agile software development experience, preferably Scrum
- Knowledge of Back office processing functions within a Financial Services institution
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.