Python Trading Developer
- £excellent with bonus and package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 12 Jul 17
Leading energy trading business in London now requires an experienced Python Developer to join their Front Office Trading team. Prior Energy markets experience is not essential but would be preferred.
Working for a leading Energy and Renewables Trading business, the main role of the Trading Developer is to support development projects in the Trading Group.
The Developer can expect to contribute to projects and analysis in areas such as; Stack model development, flexibility valuation, half-hourly shape valuation, storage/swing valuations, asset optimisation, single commodity and spread volatility modelling, visualisation tools and despatch models and any other areas relevant to the standard and non-standard transactions carried out by the business.
The Developer works across all teams in the trading group to develop, improve and automate the tools, systems and methodologies employed within each team in the valuation, price risk and position management activities associated with that team’s responsibilities and the delivery of the wider group’s targets.
To be successful in this role you should ideally have some previous energy trading experience but high level coding and programming experience will also be considered. They key requirements are as follows:
• Understanding of advanced numerical techniques and their application in a production code environment for Trading systems and interfaces.
• Time management and the prioritisation of competing work demands.
• Good communication skills are desirable
• Strong technical skills; knowledge and experience of coding in a mainstream language e.g. python, C#, C++
• Good knowledge of SQL interactions from a coding environment and best practices when constructing queries, tables, views etc.
• Working knowledge of Excel and VBA (desirable)
• An understanding of the principles and concepts of the UK electricity market, infrastructure and key players (desirable)
• Knowledgeable of stochastic modelling (Monte-Carlo) and scenario simulations
• Knowledgeable in complex mathematical methods such as constrained optimisation problems
• Familiarity with at least one commonly used VCS e.g. git, TFVC, Mercurial (desirable)
• Knowledge of the principals behind asynchronous programming would be beneficial
• Demonstrable experience of quantitative modelling techniques is required with the ability to create complex financial models
• Extensive statistical analysis and database experience
• Knowledge of Commodities and Derivatives
• 2-5 years experience developing coding solutions for a production environment
• Experience with Allegro ETRM (desirable)
This is an excellent role for an ambitious Developer with a great package and working environment.