Python Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund to help build out their continuously evolving data platform in their London office. This opportunity will give you the chance to design, implement and evolve a diverse financial system, including pipeline, repository, data warehouse and data access APIs. You will be working closely with the quant PMs and researchers in a fast-paced environment as you automate and support the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes from various market data vendors.
They are looking for a passionate engineer with strong financial data knowledge, including security master, financial time series (pricing data, etc.) across multiple asset classes. You'll need to have solid coding skills (Python, Java/C++, SQL), and experience working with large, complex datasets.
If you're self-motivated & proactive with fantastic interpersonal skills, this role is perfect for you! Requirements
- 3+ years' Python experience
- Broad knowledge & experience of database concepts with proficiency in SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and big data technologies
- Solid experience working with cloud or on-prem technologies and data infrastructure. e.g. workflow management engines, databases, storage & file systems, analytics platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) - minimum 2.1 or 3.5 GPA
- Experience with Kafka and/or KDB (or similar high performance time-series processing tech) is a plus
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Dan Hampton
020 3475 7192