Hedge Fund - London
TC up to £250,000
Python Developer required to join one of the world's fastest growing hedge funds. The Python Developer who secures his opportunity will work within the equities business and build out systems with the use of Python. Our client is a technology-centric organisation and as such the successful developer will define and deliver technical architecture road-maps for the Python platform. This role offers a long-term career opportunity with the ongoing requirement to support the technology requirements of both portfolio managers and portfolio finance desk.
Python Developer Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Portfolio Management teams to develop technology solutions to enhance their research, analysis and trading workflows, promoting re-use of common approaches where possible.
- Develop software in Python to support our Portfolio Finance desk, including applications providing trade allocation, locate management and financing cost accruals while seeking to optimise these applications over time to improve efficiency in portfolio finance workflows.
- Define and deliver technical architecture road maps for our Python platform and development environment, to encompass best practice design and procedures
Python Developer Qualifications:
- Strong design and programming experience with Python (required)
- Expertise with scientific frameworks such as Pandas, NumPy or SciPy (required)
- Understanding of Python testing approaches and test-driven development (required)
- Ability to work directly with Portfolio Managers, trading desks and finance business counterparts (required)
- Equities business knowledge and particularly prime finance (preferred)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e., Java, C++, VBA) (preferred)
- Experience with multi-constraint optimisation in Python and associated software frameworks (preferred)
Apply now for immediate consideration