Python/ Java Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Emagine Consulting
- 10 Dec 18
Role Type: Long term project
Start Date: Immediate
We have brand new opportunities available for Python/ Java Developers to join an ongoing project with emagine Consulting in London.
If you are a self-motivated professional with hands on Python development experience, then this is the perfect career opportunity for you!
To be considered for this unique and exciting opportunity, you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experienced developer in technical design with a strong background of working in Python (primarily), Java, Spring, XML, Unix, Messaging
- Product knowledge in Fixed Income/ FX/ Credit
- 3rd line development support for production applications and to be fully engaged in the development lifecycle of the project including supporting UAT and regression testing
- Understanding of Front Office Risk and Enterprise Risk for Rates business
- Comfortable working in high pressure environment and working to deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work closely with other technology teams, business groups including trading, finance, technology and middle office
- Self-motivated and proactive
Ideally, you will also have:
- Understanding of Hadoop as this would be an advantage for the project working on the Hadoop Distributed File System
What you will get in return:
- Work within an established and global brand
- Highly competitive package
- Opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects
emagine Consulting are an independent professional services consultancy with 30 years of experience specialising in the banking and financial services industry. We partner with our clients to meet their immediate and long term business initiatives. We achieve this by leveraging our expert and proprietary industry knowledge, coupled up with an extensive understanding of their business needs to drive the right solution for our clients. With our practice-based organisational structure, combined with our agile delivery model, we are able to successfully deliver highly complex, cross region programmes/projects for our clients.
Our core values:
At emagine Consulting we consistently strive to deliver high standards and best practice to our customers, colleagues and consultants. Whilst we have had many successes, we aim not to dwell on them; instead our agenda and approach is to always seek to improve on our past successes and to better ourselves. Our five core values, internally known as the 5C's assist us in making sure that we remain consistent across all functions, departments and sectors.
Our 5 core values are as follows:
- Caring - we are attentive, we listen and learn from each other
- Committed - we are committed to delivering results
- Courageous - we dare to explore new realms of possibility
- Collaborative - we trust each other and work as a reliable team
- Creative - we think outside the box, with expertise and imagination
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will already have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
“emagine Consulting are an equal opportunity employer, and employment practices are based strictly on merit. It is the policy of the Company to give equal opportunity in employment regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, religion or ethnic origin.”