- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 May 19
See job description for details
You will join a team who writes core Python libraries that are central to the daily work of thousands of developers in Morgan Stanley. Our extensive project provides libraries for developer environments, automation of workflow, and software engineering across the firm, with a focus upon front-office trading applications.
Our software is developed in Python, with high-performance components in compiled code (Java/C++) and a Web UI written with React. The team works closely with end users to evolve our libraries, create new APIs and influence development practices, with a strong focus on test-centric development. We have released some of our projects as Open Source onto Github.com and are active participants in Financial Industry Open Source community. We’ve adopted an Agile workflow, and are responsible for our delivery pipeline from CI to distribution. Morgan Stanley is embracing an Agile & DevOps culture.
Upcoming challenges include innovating with internal cloud & container platforms, integration with Jupyter, and expand the core components to support new trading technologies (e.g. FPGA). This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley, we are investing in our software development toolkits. The successful candidate will have opportunity to grow and shape our strategy across the Firm.
- You will work as a Developer primarily writing code in Python.
- Develop new code – we are expanding, innovating, and encourage trying new technologies.
- Open Source – contribute to the global community on a leading project.
- We move quickly – your code can be live in a few hours. Benefiting thousands of users worldwide.
- High quality – our software is very well written, extensively tested, clearly documented.
- Strong client focused – you will work directly with end-users in helping them use our platform
- Travel is a possibility to meet with users of our tools around the globe.
- See our source code on github: https://github.com/Morgan-Stanley/ https://github.com/Morgan-Stanley/
- Good Python knowledge and industry experience
- Web or Java development an advantage but not essential
- Willingness to create developer oriented technical documentation.
- Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX) is useful but not essential
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1