£70 - 100k base + bonus Summary:
Unique opportunity for an experienced developer who is ready for a pivotal role at this London-based fund as they seek to build a Python development team.
Currently, the firm is more .Net focused so they're looking for a very hands-on developer who can improve the quality of Python code produced. You must be able to set the common standard and best practice for Python development and promote a structured development process to both junior and senior quant programmers.
Initially, you will be working on scaling and performance-related problems, reviewing code produced by the quants to identify and develop shared Python libraries that can improve the performance of data processing and analysis tasks. In the future, you will be involved in the hiring of junior team members to work under your leadership as the team expands.
The successful Python Developer will have a love for the craft of software development and a strong desire to share this with others. Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of in-depth Python experience (3.5 >)
- Experience in event-driven architectures, multi-threading and asynchronous pattern
- Proficiency in building internal libraries
- Proven track record using Python packaging technologies
- Bonus points for any of these: RabbitMQ, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft SQL Server (2017 >)
- Finance experience is NOT required
- Strong salary + bonuses
- Remote working opportunities
- Collegiate working environment with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Chance to be involved in establishing your team and its direction
If you feel you are suitable for this role or would like to know more, drop me an email or give me a call! Richard Allan
[t] +44 (0)20 3137 9574
£70 - 100k base + bonus