Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Public Credit Portfolio Manager – VP - London
Global Asset Manager is searching for a Portfolio Manager to join to their Public Credit team in London. The fund has circa £21bn AUM and the role will focus on both High Yield and Investment Grade portfolios across several key coverages for the fund.
- Primary responsibility for the performance of your own portfolios and contribute to the performance of the other client portfolios. This will include actively managing positions, making sector and credit decisions and contributing to portfolios strategy discussions.
- Provide regular updates on strategy, portfolio positioning and attribution to the team
- Monitor duration, curve, credit, issuer concentrations and cash balances on account
- Provide awareness of asset liability duration numbers
- Review new issues to see if they are suitable investment opportunities and discuss credits with the relevant analyst and trader.
- Work closely and support CIOs on client related matters, investment plans and other projects
- Prepare and present to clients and investment committees, write market and performance commentary as needed
- Contribute to the wider investment process including preparing and presenting at strategy meetings,
- Express views on the macro environment and credit markets within team meetings. Have a clear understanding of how these factors impact markets and sectors
- Communicate effectively with other portfolio managers, credit analysts, traders, senior management and risk management
- Knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities and the legal and regulatory contexts within which investment decisions are made.
- Take on sector or currency coverage to assist the Trading team with executing some of the desk volumes and provide market updates when required to the wider team.
- Ensure all trades are compliant with best execution practices and assist the operations team with any settlement queries.
- Be up to speed on new trading technologies and be able to utilise trading platforms to achieve best execution
- Proven portfolio management experience within the public credit arena
- Experience of both HY/IG Portfolios
- IG Trading experience – Preferred
- Broad experience of different coverages across public credit market - Preferred
- Strong academic background ideally to MSc/CFA level
The role will include daily involvement for client facing responsibilities so it is therefore essential you have excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. The role will consider candidates at AVP level who are looking for a step up to VP and offers realistic career progression to Director level or a Trading role in the future