Public Cloud Practitioner
End Date Salary Range
£24,750 - £27,500 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion, Unable to Offer Agile Options Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're investing £3bn into our People, Platforms and Data to become the best bank for customers and rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
One area seeing incredible levels of investment is Cloud technology.
We've embraced a hybrid cloud strategy - using a combination of vendors and cloud platforms allowing us to contend in a world of open banking, increased artificial intelligence and improved fraud detection.
We're transforming the products and services we offer and Cloud technology supports these initiatives by letting us manipulate and access the required data in real time.
Join us and you'll find yourself at the forefront of innovation in engineering Public Cloud within LBG.
Job Description Want to know more?
As one of our Public Cloud Practitioners you'd be building and then running the Cloud capability and the associated eco-system of service partners with support of Engineers in the team.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- You'd support Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack and Google Cloud Platforms.
- It'll be technically hands on, undertaking a variety of tasks such as large scale server deployment (Windows and Linux), virtual network configuration (VNET / Subnet), handling maintenance tasks and break fix support.
- You'll work in a DevOps environment and have the opportunity for self-development across other cloud vendors as required.
- You'll need to ensure the product remains secure and compliant to Bank policies and standards
All our Engineers need to be multi-skilled with a deep understanding of IT technology as well as being specialists in a core Cloud technology.
We're building a team that possesses a systematic approach to problem solving, able to implement service-focussed solutions and monitoring technology trends for risks and opportunities.
Do you have previous experience built around the following?
- Knowledge across aspects of a platform product offering,.
- Strong DevOps understanding, "Infrastructure As Code" using technology such as Terraform and Chef as well as knowledge of Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Actively exploit product features and enhancements
- Understanding tooling and technology dependencies and offering solutions.
We'd also love to see:
- Experience of cloud-based architectures (as-a-service), cloud-based design and provision and technology innovation experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Understanding around DevOps, Agile and Scrum practices.
- So what about you?
- You'd need a positive approach to relationship building and developing both yourself and others,
- And you should also be prepared to provide 24x7 support to the supported cloud platforms but outside of this we could consider working patterns that work for everyone.
- What would you get in return?
- We'd ensure you get real stretch whilst benefitting from an environment that supports its people and gives them real equal opportunities.
- You'd also benefit from a package that includes:
- A salary ranging between £24,750 and £42,250 depending on location, skills and experience
- A performance share bonus of c5%
- Generous pension contribution
- Share schemes
- 24+ Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shopping
So if you have the background we're looking for and our Cloud sounds like your ideal environment then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
As part of the Group's commitments as a result of ring-fencing legislation, colleagues based in the Islands and Gibraltar are required to be exclusively dedicated to the non-ring-fenced bank and its subsidiaries. This means that colleagues who are based in the Islands or Gibraltar would not be able to undertake roles for the Ring Fenced Bank from their existing location and would need to consider relocation when applying for roles.