Prudential Risk, Consultant
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
In recognition of the increasing importance attached to operational resilience, recovery and resolution planning, and the associated scenario analysis and prudential assessments, Northern Trust is looking to add to its risk management capability with the recruitment of an enthusiastic individual who can play a key support role in the ongoing development of this work.
The role holder will support the EMEA Operational Resiliency & Prudential Risk team in the delivery of a wide programme of work that includes:
• Recovery & Resolution planning (both at EMEA and Group level);
• Stress scenario analysis and testing; and
• The coordination of risk input to the various EMEA Internal Capital Adequacy Assessments (ICAAPs).
• Involved in the ongoing development of our operational resiliency framework as that is expanded to meet regulatory requirements.
For the right candidate, this role provides an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development.
• Contribute to the production of Recovery & Resolution (RRP) material and EMEA content for inclusion within the Group Resolution Plan.
• Support the planning and execution of scenario analysis covering:
- Operational Risk - Key Risk Scenarios
- ICAAP Event Driven Scenarios
- Reverse Stress Tests
• Assist with the timely input of risk management content into ICAAPs and other regulatory submissions.
• Review and analyse consultation papers and policy statements issued by regulators and other industry bodies.
• Responsible for the collation, validation, analysis and presentation of data.
• Define and produce management reporting for incorporation into presentations to senior management committees and boards.
• Provide general support in the development of our operational resiliency framework, including maintenance of operational resilience maps for UK Critical Economic Functions.
Skills / Experience
• Proactive approach to all tasks
• Proven analytical and diagnostic skills
• Ability to understand & interpret Risk Management concepts
• Ability to prioritise, manage & deliver to multiple or competing deadlines
• Ability to communicate with and present to business partners and Senior Management across various internal functions
• Able to work under direction whilst demonstrating an innovative approach to work
• Demonstrate a flexibility and willingness to assist in other work-streams within the Corporate Risk function, in particular the business continuity and disaster recovery programme of work
• Proven written, numeracy and IT literacy skills (MS Office)
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $139 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management