Property Management Oversight Associate - Real Estate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Description: BlackRock Real Estate, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. BlackRock’s Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans,
BlackRock Real Estate, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $22 billion in private and public real estate equity and debt in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. BlackRock’s Real Estate team manages investments on behalf of public and private pension plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and private investors. The platform manages a broad array of investment strategies, including core, value-add and opportunistic, through separate accounts and commingled funds. Our extensive experience encompasses many major geographies as well as all major property types including office, industrial, retail.
Working within the Real Estate Department on both UK and European funds, The Property Management Oversight Manager role is to support and enable asset managers to deliver initiatives fully supported by services and information required from property managers and third party providers.
The team comprises experienced investment management professionals based in the City of London along with offices in Paris, Frankfurt and Copenhagen.
- Ability to manage external property managers, agents, consultants, to both motivate and ensure the timely delivery of required results.
- Implementation and monitoring of third party property manager KPIs and required reporting to measure compliance, risk and delivery of service
- Onboarding – Assisting with the onboarding and due diligence of property managers across Europe. This includes working with asset managers on acquisitions and disposals ensuring efficient procedures to support the investment process.
- Insurance - Management of property insurance for EMEA liaising with BlackRock Insurance team in USA and the appointed Insurance brokers for the region
- Operations – Review and improve current processes, systems and checks to enable better communication between Accounts and BlackRock Operations, maximising the use of Yardi and streamlining payment processes and accountability. Ensuring uniformity between UK and Europe
- Data Management – Review and implement the availability and storage of all data and information held on the legal extranet and internal systems at BlackRock and property managers. Construct and implement a file sharing protocol to ensure all relevant information is stored and accessible by all parties
- Business Rates – monitor rates mitigation programs, liaising with Consultants and updating Asset Managers monthly on progress and status
- Service Charge – In collaboration with the asset managers oversee service charge reconciliations, budgets, approval processes to ensure consistency and timely execution.
- Write and present clear, accurate and insightful reports demonstrating compliance and function to the wider business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Min Bachelor Degree educated
- Chartered Surveyor, RICS qualified or equivalent
- Experience from Real Estate Property Management and/or Surveyor
- Results focused, driven and lateral thinker
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient Yardi user
- Enthusiastic and self-starter
- Demonstrable achievements (appropriate to the level of experience)
- Good relationship management and negotiation skills
- High standard of integrity, astute and motivated team player, flexible attitude & collaborative
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Driving license
- A high level of IT competence (Microsoft products and property management accounting programs)