This role will assist the Fund Managers in relation to asset management across the direct property portfolios
- Assist the Fund Managers in formulating the annual investment strategy for the direct property portfolios and the asset level business plans.
- In conjunction with the Investment Advisors, assist the Fund Managers with the asset management of the direct property portfolios to maximise returns within an acceptable level of risk.
- Liaising with the Fund Managers, appoint such property consultants as shall be required from time to time, including solicitors, letting agents, rent review surveyors, etc.
- Support the Senior Property Manager on all property management matters relating to the direct property portfolios.
- In accordance with the investment strategy, assist the Fund Managers and Deputy Head of Property in the acquisition/sale process in conjunction with the Investment Advisors.
- In conjunction with the Development Manager, Fund Managers and Investment Advisors, assist with any redevelopment and refurbishment projects to maximise returns within an acceptable level of risk, and in accordance with the property investment strategy.
- In conjunction with the Fund Manager Indirect Property, Investment Accounts and the Investment Advisors, assist with the external quarterly valuation process for the direct property portfolios, together with the provision of data to MSCI.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Property Manager in relation to the implementation of the responsible property investment policy’s objectives and targets for the direct property portfolios, including monitoring compliance by the managing agents.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Property Manager in relation to the health & safety matters pertaining to the direct property portfolios.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Property Manager in relation to the property insurance arrangements for the direct property portfolios.
- In conjunction with the Investment Advisors, liaise with the Rating Consultants in relation to the direct property portfolios.
- Supporting other PMG mandates in relation to transactions and asset management initiatives where property asset management expertise is required.
Technical Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Preferably 2+ years post qualification experience.
- An understanding of investment theory and the merits of property as an asset class.
- Property management and/or asset management skills, with a good understanding of valuation and Landlord & Tenant matters.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team to enable it to achieve superior performance with a high degree of personal responsibility.