Project Manager (Cloud Migration) - Technology
Job Description: Project Manager (Cloud Migration) - Technology/IT ABOUT CAPCO
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. We are/have:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
The Project Manager (Cloud Migration) is responsible for overall delivery assurance, integrity and coherence of the project by developing and maintaining an environment capable of supporting each delivery phase. The role also requires the ability to quality assure technical projects and develop with the client an agreed course of action to ensure delivery, which will require a candidate whose career is routed in technology.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too. SKILLS & EXPERTISE
It will be very useful if you have some or all of the following skills and experience:
• Technology background with early career hands on technical experience e.g. systems developer, systems engineer, database administrator, systems tester
• Successful delivery of projects within Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance, ideally within the last 3 years
• Experience helping organisations migrate to, build on and optimize their Cloud technology through advisory, delivery planning and implementation is advantageous
• Leading small to medium teams between 5 to 15+ people both Onshore and Offshore and with budgets of £5m+
• Quality assurance and overall integrity of the project - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the project; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other and corporate technical and specialist standards
• Managing the project's budget in the range of £5-10m, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits
• Ensuring that the delivery of new products or services from the Project is to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Programme plan and Programme governance arrangements
• Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
• Driving and motivating delivery teams to perform effectively and efficiently within broader programmes, in line with client and delivery lead expectations
• Experience of the design process and delivery framework to implement new tech solutions into complex business infrastructure - e.g. Work flow designs, UAT Requirements, User Story Design
Professional experience is important. But it's paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market.
From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage. WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry. We offer:
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture