Project Manager – Prince 2, Agile, SDLC
- £550 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Harrington Starr
- 03 Jan 18 2018-01-03
A leading Financial Services Technology firm is currently seeking a Client Facing Project Manager to join their implementation team on an initial 3 month contract. They have launched a range of new products and this role will involve you migrating one of their clients deployed solutions over to a new Managed Service solution hosted by our client.
In this role as a Project Manager you will be facing off against one of their Banking clients managing the migration of this software based solution on to a new hosted infrastructure, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organising and execution of projects
- Ensures that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
- Organizes project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Manage and monitor the project plan to ensure successful completion of the plan activities and delivery of the project on schedule
- Effective cost control and resourcing, enabling project delivery to budget, quality and time
- Strong management of project risks and issues assessing project criticalities and contingencies
- Managing the implementation of projects in a hybrid role.
- Managing Internal and External resources
- Engaging and robust relationships with stakeholders and third parties, reporting project timelines to Stakeholders
- Managing client expectations
The successful Project Manager will have the following skills and experience,
- 5 years + Project Management experience
- Financial Services Experience
- Vendor/Consultancy Client-Facing Project Management Skills
- Understanding of Software and/or Infrastructure Implementation Experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- Customer facing experience - taking meetings with customers, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
- Project Management Qualification would be an advantage. Prince 2 and/or PMP
- Understanding of Agile would be Beneficial