Description About this role Project Manager
Are you interested in working closely with architects and engineers who build innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, while evolving the world's leading enterprise investment system? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in Technology and Finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Project Managers
capable of leading cross-functional technical teams in the planning and execution of projects. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have a unique and important responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial well-being.
The position is for a Project Manager
within the Enterprise Architecture team. The function is aligned to the strategic goals of the Aladdin Product Group and cuts across domains. EA is responsible for steering the direction of Aladdin's technical and application architecture, establishing, and maintaining standards, implementing governance processes, and measuring alignment to strategy. EA Project Managers
work with Enterprise and Solution Architects, the APG Strategic Initiatives Office and Product Managers on the planning and execution of projects that drive the implementation of the future state Aladdin architecture. You are: Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- A leader that can bring technical teams together to achieve measurable outcomes
- Willing to accept work outside of your comfort zone, and open to mentorship from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about empowering people through technology, education, and awareness
- Passionate about designing and building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- Evolving Aladdin to unlock value for our clients through a service-oriented architecture
- Growing as an outstanding software engineering organization
Nice to have:
- 5+ years' in growing responsibilities, including experience successfully leading various technology / development projects
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes
- Experience defining project missions, goals, tasks, resource requirements and demonstrated aptitude of project management responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with technology professions
- Proven track-record communicating with senior partners and sponsors
- Experience with industry tools such as SmartSheet, Confluence Wiki, Jira, Miro, MS Office tool-suite (Azure DevOps a plus)
- Experience with Architectural tools (e.g., LeanIX, BizDesign)
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Asset Management and/or Investment Banking experience Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.