Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced Project Manager who has a track record of delivering complex change within Asset Management Front Office to work within the Schroders Investment Platform Services Team.
We're after a passionate change professional who can effectively structure project delivery, create momentum and deliver through matrix management of resources. You'll be part of a team with high visibility, working on key growth areas and strategic initiatives for the firm. Ideally, you'll have a good understanding of asset management and onboarding onto investment platforms.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Investment Services Platform Team reports to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the Investment teams and other groups operating on the investment platform. Investment Services Platform Team works with teams across Schroders to support both business-as-usual operations and deliver strategic change initiatives. Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is a critical part of the investment platform - ensuring effective communication with and governance of the relationship with BlackRock is a central responsibility of the Investment Services Platform team.
What you'll do
• Plan, organise and deliver projects, initially focused on delivery of target operating models for investment teams and onboarding onto platform.
• Co-ordinate workshops for new initiatives/workstreams with cross-functional stakeholders and assemble objectives, scope, plans and activity based on workshop outputs
• Work with cross-functional teams to break scope of work down into blocks of delivery, defining clear activities and accountability
• Deliver through matrix management of individuals and teams across Schroders
• Engage with external suppliers (e.g. BlackRock) and manage dependant deliveries
• Create and maintain momentum on multiple delivery streams in parallel
• Manage senior business stakeholders and be confident in challenging individuals to resolve conflicts
• Ensure appropriate project governance is followed and collate supporting documents
• Lead project governance forums clearly articulating project status and key issues
• Manage and track project budget and project documents in line with Schroders Change policy and Framework
• Pro-actively manage risks, issues and dependencies and escalate appropriately
• Develop effective relationships across the business and the wider change management community
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Understanding of the Asset Management industry / key front office functions
• Ability to operate across traditional programme and project delivery methodologies as well as agile delivery methodologies
• Engaging with Investment (front office) business stakeholders
• Contextual understanding of Fund Manager and order implementation processes and/or Portfolio Compliance would be advantageous
• Appreciation of business architecture (value streams, capability models, data models)
• Engaging with external suppliers for project delivery
• Managing the design, development and delivery of change programmes or project initiatives
• Portfolio Management processes and Investment Onboarding onto investment platforms
• Impactful (verbal and visual) communication to support interactions with C-Suite and their teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Project or Programme Management qualification
• Knowledge and experience working with Scaled Agile Framework
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. MS Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What you'll be like
• Organised and focused on delivery
• Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
• Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives within a wider project /programme in fast paced environment
• Comfortable working with ambiguity
• Relates well to people of diverse opinion, culture and background
• Equally effective in managing up and down
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.