- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Join us as a Project Manager in London
- As Project Manager, you'll be responsible for the end to end delivery of a project's scope within time, cost, quality and management of the associated risk profiles
- You'll be delivering larger projects that are of a complex and critical nature and will create the financial business case where one is applicable
- You'll also be preparing and taking ownership of all project controls and resource plans, progress reporting, and ensuring the plan is in line with any wider programme objectives
- Applications for the vacancy open on 1 March 2018, and close on 30 March 2018
What you'll do
As Project Manager, you'll lead and define a Project Initiation Document (PID) ensuring that the solution clearly supports and is aligned to the company's strategic goals. You'll manage the creation of a financial business case, and analyse problem and opportunity statements to then prepare estimates for approval. Working to a defined budget from the outset, you'll track and report on project costs to ensure your objective is met.
A key component of your role will be to build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions. You'll also empower and lead a team - often in geographically dispersed areas - through the project lifecycle, setting team member objectives and carrying out regular performance reviews. As well as this, you'll manage a team of external suppliers, working closely with Supply Chain Services for the appropriate supplier selection from our framework.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring that services or products required for project delivery are acquired to schedule and are of high quality
- Tracking, reporting and realising project benefits - taking necessary action required if benefits are affected by changes using a consistent approach
- Managing the implementation of the architecture outcomes so that the design and components are in line with the bank's approved repositories of information - including use of standard catalogues, models, inventories and patterns
- Ensuring that activities are in place to adequately prepare the business and engage all the appropriate stakeholders effectively to enable change to be implemented and handed over
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role you'll need exceptional project management experience and experience of technology implementation. With proven change management experience gained in a banking environment, you'll be able to deliver strategic projects that support business strategy and its growth agenda. We'll also be looking for:
- Exposure to the private banking industry
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic focus demonstrated through past project deliverables
- Proven problem solving capability, ideally through management consulting experience
- A clear and effective communication style
- The proven ability to influence and effectively manage senior stakeholders and your team
- Proven leadership capabilities, as we'll look to you to drive a culture of continuous improvement, increasing efficiency and productivity
An MBA would also be welcome, and would be considered an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.