- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Jan 18 2018-01-09
Based in the City of London we are a long established and prestigious investment management organisation with substantial global assets under management and we are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our IT team. The job holder will have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience managing IT based projects, preferably in a financial institution, and will primarily be responsible for delivering projects and supporting activities in line with business objectives, using professional project management techniques and application of agreed methodologies.
Principal responsibilities will include:
• Define project scope and develop and maintain full project plans at milestone and task levels, identifying risk and managing contingency plans within every project.
• Complete project initiation documentation with detailed costings and ensure key stakeholders are engaged.
• Identify, agree and manage the resources of budget, people, systems, user and supplier, to achieve agreed project and business objectives.
• Design and implement new processes including the integration of Agile into PRINCE2 project management standards.
• Report project status at the appropriate level to all necessary parties and ensure communication channels remain updated.
• Provide support to the Business Analysis function.
• Support business processes and assist with issue resolution
• As required specialise in one or more “domain” to provide expertise and to support procurement and account management.
• Define re-usable test plans, oversee testing and deliver post go-live support.
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree and a recognised professional qualification in project management.
• Specific experience of project management, preferably in a financial institution, with experience of financial applications and knowledge of investment management practices. Full understanding of requirements for delivery of successful projects in financial services.
• At least 2 years directly relevant experience managing IT based projects to incorporate both front and back office requirements.
• Experience of structured problem solving and highly motivated with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of key financial software and development languages would be beneficial.
Our organisation has a very low employee turnover which serves to highlight that it is an excellent place to learn, develop and prosper.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.
Please click ‘Apply for Job’ to provide a resume of your career to date together with your current remuneration package.