Project Engineer (Portuguese Speaking)
DESCRIPTION Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Amazon Logistics is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer-obsessed Project Engineer that can drive expansion in our Last Mile Delivery network. As a member of the Amazon Logistics Emerging Markets Engineering team you will be responsible for leading the launch of new delivery stations in Brazil and Mexico, owning the planning and implementation of the building launch schedule and coordination of suppliers and vendors. Additionally, you will support the design, optimization and maintenance of Building Infrastructure, Material Handling Equipment and Processes of our existing and future Logistics network.
This role will be based out of Europe and will involve frequent and extended travel to Latin America.
• Support the site selection and evaluation process by drafting test fit layouts and researching building and site related information to identify any relevant issues that impact the economic or operational value of a site
• Support the preparation of specifications and technical detail to fully define the requirements on building environment, equipment, material, process and services
• Review all technical documentation such as Buildings layouts, traffic plans, flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets to ensure that they meet requirements
• Active involvement in cross functional infrastructure projects, provide technical input and conduct value engineering/ value analysis
• Continuous improvement of team processes, driving savings in time and cost of internal and launch activity
• Work independently or lead a project team that could comprise of project managers, project engineers and contractors
• Flexibility to travel to Latin America as much as (50-75%) to support deployment projects
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree (or higher)
• Proven Project Management, Civil, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Experience
• Experience in dealing with construction or implementation projects and delivering results according to tight deadlines
• Advanced computer literacy (AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint); Data-warehouse analysis
• Fluent or high level of English and Portuguese
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of Six Sigma analytical and process improvement techniques
• Ability to work autonomously
• Hands on working style
• A self-starting team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves
• Able to operate in open organization structure
• Open minded to consider all facts and perspectives in decision making process
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.