Programme Manager Delivery Lead - ISS
About the opportunity About Process Simplification and Optimisation
Process Simplification and Optimisation provides ground breaking solutions to deliver sustainable business value. By powerfully combining both the human and digital workforce, Process Simplification and Optimisation places itself in a leading position to respond and adapt in a continuously evolving ecosystem to achieve Fidelity's strategic goals, deliver best in class service to our clients, and provide exciting growth opportunities for our employees.
Process Simplification and Optimisation comprises of:
- Delivery achieves leading edge process improvement and delivers on process orchestration, automation and digitisation opportunities, ensuring change is sustained by equipping the business with the right skills, tools and techniques
- Delivery Enablement supports delivery by building capability, providing business process support, ensuring tools and methodologies remain up-to-date with industry technology developments and delivering the ongoing control framework for our new process orchestration, automation and digitisation solutions
Process Simplification and Optimisation is a newly formed, dynamic and exciting multi-skilled team that uses a toolkit of process improvement, process orchestration, process automation and document digitisation solutions to address business problems, focussing on delivering value and achieving business driven outcomes.
- Deliver sustainable change across Fidelity by focusing on top down, strategic business priorities to maximise business and commercial value
- Empower and upskill internal teams to create sustainable capability, and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement as part of new and improved ways or working
Purpose of the Role
- Leverage an integrated operating model to work with IT, Risk, Compliance, and Shared Services with an objective to deliver better outcomes for the business and our customers
As a member of the Process Simplification and Optimisation Team, this role will work to progress Fidelity's process simplification and optimisation agenda and embed innovation across the business, working with the business to design, develop and run process solutions to maximise business benefits. This role if for Corporate enablers function within PSO.
Specifically, this role will act as an advocate of Process Simplification and Optimisation and its benefits, driving engagement with the business and working on an ongoing basis with senior stakeholders from assigned business areas to generate and maintain buy in, whilst overseeing the delivery of projects to to ensure project delivery drives commercially efficient and effective solutions for Fidelity. Key Responsibilities Business engagement & stakeholder relationships
- Acts as an advocate of PSO across the Corporate enablers business and maintains strong ongoing relationships to help educate and identify / shape future project demand
- Works as the conduit between the business and the delivery teams, acting as the key point of contact for senior business stakeholders throughout the delivery lifecycle, providing progress updates and escalating issues as required
- Works in partnership with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis and provides PSO functional representation in relevant Business Unit forums, governance, meetings and other initiatives
- Provides appropriate challenge to the business, ensuring opportunities, including updates to existing live solutions, are assessed, selected and prioritised with a strategic lens and in line with the standards set by the CoE
- Oversees teams' delivery of PSO projects/processes in order to meet the needs and requirements of the client and Fidelity at large
- Ensures PSO projects/processes are commercially viable and meet the strategic aims of Fidelity and / or business unit as part of business case
- Supports the Head of PSO in setting annual goals, targets and budgets; sharing lessons learnt and proposed areas of improvement
- Works with the Planning and Comms Lead and other Delivery Leads to oversee demand planning, forecasting, resourcing and scheduling of the project pipeline
- Provides expert and balanced subject matter knowledge for the successful deployment of the PSO methodology as part of project delivery
- Supports and facilitates the firm-wide opportunity assessment and development of the overall PSO business case
- Works with the Delviery enablement teams to ensure compliance with Process control methodology, all regulatory and compliance management frameworks
- Provides visible leadership and management oversight of the PSO delivery teams by providing support, guidance, motivation and coaching to ensure projects are successful and meet the needs and requirements of the client
- Maintains awareness of and contrinute towards current and future market and technology developments inside and outside of the PSO organisation through offerings, white papers, blogs, upskilling and learning opportunities etc.
Coaching & leading others
- Role models desired behaviours, supporting the execution of the PSO strategy, driving quality and ensuring compliance with governance standards and the risk and control framework, as set by the CoE
- Acts as an advisor for team members and leads, motivates and develops in-direct reports to maximise the engagement and motivation of delivery team members in the achievement of their objectives utilising the Fidelity performance management framework, role model behaviours and the culture & values of Fidelity
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Provides inputs of the learning requirements, knowledge and skills of delivery team members in order to maintain the skill management system of the Delivery Team
- Established track record in similar capacity / industry / coverage with demonstrable experience within project management and stakeholder engagement
- Proven experience of leadership within the transformation of a business including significant personal contribution to the success of the initiative and the measurable impact on customers, employees and performance
- Significant experience of Process Simplification & Optimisation models and practices to drive improved performance and generate cost savings and improvements whilst delivering employee and customer benefits
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with a proven track record of influencing and motivating others at a senior level to achieve results and exceed targets. Ability to communicate complex and emotive topics to different audiences through a range of data, written and verbal methods
- Demonstrable experience in specialist professional and technical capabilities in Business Process Management tools such as Appian or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in specialist professional and technical tools such as Business Process Management, Automation (RPA, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence), Operational Excellence approaches and methods (Lean thinking, Process excellence, System & Management Thinking), Performance Analytics, Performance Management, Service Delivery, Operational Change Management
- Significant experience in deploying best practices for BPM and Process Excellence within a mid - large organisation
- Experience of preparing, delivering updates, strategies and presentations to all parts of the organisation (up to Senior Management level)
- Substantial change management experience across multi-functional, multi-site, multi-product and multi-distribution channels
- Proven project and programme management experience and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and energetic environment
- Proven experience of building team dynamics to deliver outcomes through a structured approach. Capable of coaching and mentoring team members to shape performance improvement outcomes while building individual and team capability
- Experience of delivering capability building and training to business stakeholders at all levels: awareness, tools & techniques, technical subject matter, leader, case studies etc.
- Excellent stakeholder and influencing skills, including communication, negotiation of deadlines and requirements, management of expectation, recommendations, quality of outputs etc
- Demonstrable experience of developing conceptual briefs for internal or external stakeholders and clients, and translating these into Roadmaps/plans that can be executed against by the Delivery teams
- Relationship management experience, particularly regarding the performance of outsourcing (as a customer or provider)
- Experience working with and managing offshore development teams
About you About Fidelity International
- First degree level (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent
- Desirable: MBA and/or consultancy experience
- Knowledge of the financial service industry
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.