About the opportunity Department Description
Investment Management Technology provides systems development, implementation and support services for Fidelity International's global Investment Management division. We support Fund Managers, Research Analysts, Traders and other supporting groups in all of Fidelity International's locations, including London, Dublin, Hong Kong, and Toronto.
The ISS Technology group is responsible for providing Technology solutions to the Investment Management, Asset Management Operations & Distribution business units globally.
The ISS Technology team supports and enhances existing applications as well as designs, builds and procures new solutions to meet requirements and enable the evolving business strategy. Purpose of the Role
The role is within our IM front office technology team delivering change to Equity, Fixed Income and Solutions & Multi Asset businesses working closely with Research, Portfolio Construction, Order Generation, Quant and Systematic Investment teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading programme management activities supporting our advisory and cross asset portfolio management programmes and in addition provide a significant contribution to other platform wide initiatives. Key Responsibilities
- Manage large programmes, projects or small scale enhancements
- Manage global advisory and portfolio management requirements
- Manage plans, implementation and resource and make use of agile methodologies
- Coordinate major programme releases
- Provide guidance and advisory services on cross programme initiatives
- Work with Support teams
- Work with Middle and Back Office technology teams on trade, data and position integration
- Work with the IM Technology Programme Director and peers on short to long term strategy
- Work with the IM Technology Programme Director and peers on cloud strategy and plans
- Work with the IM Technology Programme Director and peers on attaining excellence
Business Relationship Management:
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Communicate on a regular basis and maintain good relationships with CIOs, PMs, Research, PSG, Compliance and Data Management
- Work with other programme managers across foundational and roadmap programmes to ensure that programmes are joined up and manage dependencies between programmes
- Manage technology meetings with business
The candidate must have extensive experience with investment management technologies and Technology project management. The candidate should have an in depth understanding of order management workflow and data. The candidate requires detailed knowledge of major assets including Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives such as Futures, CFDs, Options and Swaps.
The role is business and technology facing and requires good relationship management and communication skills.
- Business Analysis and Project Management methodologies including agile framework and scrum master
- Strong technical skills and understanding of how to successfully manage deliveries across globally distributed delivery teams
- Investment Management, Research, Systematic, Quant and Portfolio Construction
- Data and systems integration
About you About Fidelity International
- IT Management
- Be able to debate and challenge technical discussion with architect and technical leads
- People and relationship management
- Articulate, well written and concise reporting and documentation
- Good verbal communication
- Independent thinker
- Goal driven
- Highly motivated
- Ability to cope with pressure and issues
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.