Profitability Reporting Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Partners
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
BGC Partners are looking for a individual to join the finance department and work within the Brokerage Profitability Reporting team, as an Analyst. The Management Reporting department analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information to enable senior management and the front office to evaluate, control and plan the most appropriate use of its resources. The department is responsible for reporting all group business units across Europe, US and Asia/Pacific.
Main purpose of the role:
The Management Reporting department analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information to enable senior management and the front office to evaluate, control and plan the most appropriate use of its resources. The department is responsible for reporting all group business units across Europe, US and Asia/Pacific.
In terms of primary functions, Management Reporting is responsible for:
1. Cost centre / divisional / geographical profit and loss and key performance indicator reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
2. Expense forecasting and breakeven analysis.
3. Monthly front office / broker analysis (revenue and cost).
4. Daily financial performance reporting.
5. Actual v budget analysis.
6. Daily revenue flash reporting.
7. Ad-hoc work as required by the front office desk heads and senior management.
- Preparation of Global Monthly Front Office Brokerage Performance Reports.
- Analysis of loss performing desks and preparation of run rate reports.
- Preparation of Monthly Brokerage compensation rates, review of monthly movements and resolving anomalies with Broker Comp team.
- Ensuring the accuracy of Front Office data in our Consolidated Daily Management Reports (CDMR) and regional reports.
- Discuss performance with business managers and resolver and anomalies in the data.
- Preparation of COO slides for quarterly offsite meetings.
- Preparation of CRF revenue data analyzing broker revenues per contractual targets.
- A large amount of the work is ad-hoc dealing with queries and requests from front office and senior management, which this role will be involved in.
Skills / experience required:
Qualified ACCA, ICAEW or CIMA.
Must have a keen eye-for-detail to ensure accuracy and integrity of reporting.
Strong MS Excel skills and good all-round IT abilities.
Able to analyse performance and make recommendations to Business Managers.
Able to manage conflicting workloads in order to meet deadlines.
A high level of numeric and oral communication skills and able to deal with queries from management.
Experience in Financial Services or similar.
Able to understand the financials being reported and challenge where numbers look unexpected.
Confident in operating in a competitive work environment and the ability to handle challenging situations sensitively.
Heavy Excel use
- Commercially minded and enjoys working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Desire to learn and ability to challenge and contribute to process improvements.