- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Professional Practices Senior Audit Manager to join our team in London.
Develop your career at the heart of our business
You will provide support to the Audit Management Team in the delivery of quality assurance and the maintenance of appropriate standards and procedures, in line with industry best practice to fulfil the strategic objectives of the Audit Division.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Professional Practice, Senior Audit Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Managing the Professional Practices Team internal strategy; developing a coherent action plan; and identifying resources
- Identifying and delivering change to deliver leading practices, including the development and implementation of our Continuous Improvement Plan
- Delivering Independent Quality Assurance reviews of audits performed by the Santander UK Internal Audit Division, whilst providing effective constructive challenges to Internal Audit managers
- Developing and delivering inductions and training solutions to ensure the existing members of the Division and new joiners are kept up to date with methodology requirements
Minimum skills and experience required
- Strong working knowledge of Internal Audit Methodology
- Previous experience of performing internal audits and / or quality assurance reviews
- Strong awareness of industry best practice and relevant standards
- Experience in Financial Services with an in-depth understanding of audit processes or risks and controls
- Ability to work with and influence individuals at Director level
- An Internal Audit accreditation (e.g. CIA) or an accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA) is preferable
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.