My client’s global product marketing function is responsible for developing and implementing product marketing strategy, including articulating the firm’s unique product capabilities across multiple asset classes, vehicles, regions and channels. It is embedded within the global marketing, product and distribution function. This role is responsible for ongoing production and maintenance of core and custom product marketing collateral, master messaging elements and digital assets, for an assigned product set, ensuring the highest standards in quality and timely delivery to market.
This role is also responsible for governing “golden source” documents that contain investment strategy and product-specific attributes, parameters and core copy elements that appear in standard product marketing outputs. Working in a highly collaborative fashion, you will interact closely with Product Marketers, Product Specialists, Content, Channel Marketing and Distribution personnel.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced culture, is accustomed to managing multiple projects to tight deadlines and has an interest in the market and investment products. The role will support various global institutional and intermediary businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees, produces, quality assures and delivers to market high quality core product marketing collateral in a timely manner for an assigned product set
- Responsible for gathering information, including data, and deciphering how the information will show in the produced materials
- Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of all materials from a product, audience and regulatory perspective
- Requires knowledge of industry and company product information to determine which data is most appropriate for usage
- Performs comprehensive quality reviews of all data and content for accuracy, relevancy and consistency as well as adherence to style guidelines, regulatory requirements and client expectations
- Manages the “golden source” record library (or Master Strategy Guide) for an assigned product set and liaises with SMEs (subject matter experts) across all areas of the organisation (product, legal, operations, investments, IT, etc.) to validate and update standard component content
- Performs product change management duties by asking appropriate follow-up questions and recognizing the implications of changes across multiple records and/or resources
- Partners with compliance to input product change details into a quarterly document and deliver in meetings to inform multiple marketing stakeholders of necessary changes and updates
- Ensures records are clearly categorized and tagged for ease of use as well as governing the actual content
- Shares content through good communication, internet and intranet websites, and other tools and processes
- Partners effectively with internal business partners including, but not limited to,
- Distribution, Product Management and Marketing, Channel Marketing, Design, Web, Compliance, Investments and Fulfillment.
- Collaborates with vendors for production and print needs.
- Adheres to production and file retention processes in order to maintain accurate recordkeeping of electronic files in accordance with department and regulatory requirements and to ensure the appropriate tracking of all key project milestones
- Facilitates projects and researches and resolves potential challenges in an effort to ensure continuous efficiency gains and improved accuracy
- Proactively engages in opportunities to enhance knowledge regarding product set, the market, business requirements and client expectations
- Carries out additional duties as assigned
- Takes full ownership of all projects from inception through completion ensuring accuracy, consistency and timely delivery
The role requires
- Familiarity with the financial marketplace and distribution process
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret and chart financial data
- Thorough understanding of industry compliance requirements
- Experience with proofreading, fact checking and an editorial eye
- Broad knowledge of graphic issues, art direction, print production and project management affecting printing, quality and on time delivery
- Demonstrate understanding of page layouts and style standards
- Marketing experience preferably within the financial services industry or equivalent required. Institutional and/or intermediary experience preferred
- Multiple vehicle (Separate/Segregated Account, Mutual Fund, UCIT, OEIC, SICAV, VIT, ETF, etc.) marketing experience beneficial
- Strong project management capability
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to work across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail