This position could be seen as a production / site reliability engineer based at a Tier one investment bank. You'd need to be someone who's confident with development but also infrastructure configuration management. You be supporting and improving the firms electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution.
- Software development focused on creating sustainable systems and services that meet uptime and performance requirements through automation
- Technical and operational risk management of a fast-paced, multi-asset electronic trading business
- Managing the balance between feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
- Finding opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in support process and physical environment
- Partnering with software and infrastructure owners to solve hardware/network issues
- Incident and crisis management
- Participation in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning