Product Tax Vice President
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The EMEA Product Tax Team is providing tax advice to all of BlackRock’s businesses and tax compliance for BlackRock’s products in EMEA. The team oversees multiple fund platforms and acts as the internal tax advisor for BlackRock, assessing the tax position of our investments, funds and clients. Day to day interaction with internal stakeholders as well as clients, advisors, fund administrators and tax authorities is a key component. In addition, the team is responsible for managing tax-driven changes to our internal and external processes as well as products.
The position will reside within the Product Tax Team and is based in London. The key function is to provide tax support to the UK businesses and platform and to oversee investor tax reporting across EMEA. The position will be reporting to the team head responsible for European countries, clients and platforms as well as tax risk globally.
- Performing technical research and analysis related to tax issues and legislative changes affecting UK-domiciled funds and clients
- Designing, implementing, and continually improving procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues
- Liaising with clients, external tax advisors and industry bodies on UK fund tax matters
- Ensuring effective tax support model is provided to UK business
- Ensuring effective controls and processes are in place to oversee investor tax reporting
- Liaising on day-to-day basis with investor tax reporting outsourcing provider and internal operational tax team
- Support product development teams on new product launch work and ongoing oversight for UK, Luxembourg and Irish funds
- Working closely with other teams within BlackRock and outside service providers e.g. sales, client services, marketing, transfer agency, fund accounting, financial reporting, product teams, capital markets, internal and external legal counsel, auditors as well as tax authorities
- Communicating complex tax technical issues to senior management and other internal but also external stakeholders such as fund boards
- Provide technical content for tax-related client publications and fund factsheets and prospectuses
- Controls and processes mindset
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills and strategic and creative thinking
- Experience with financial markets and the asset management and financial services industry
- Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail and abilities to run a project from inception to delivery
- Detailed understanding of European pooled fund structures and an understanding of European investor tax reporting regimes
- Flexibility to navigate across various technologies and expert Excel skills
- Analytic ability to interpret data for strategic decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- ACA, CTA or equivalent professional qualification
- Accounting, business, legal or similar degree
- Indicative 5-6 years’ experience within fund management tax
- Detailed knowledge of fund structures
- Strong academic record
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.