A large top tier global asset and wealth manager is looking to hire a Product Strategy Manager to join the team and report to the Head of Product Strategy and Market Intelligence. This is a key hire for the business.
As a leading global asset and wealth manager, the firm is dedicated to creating long-term value for clients across a range of products and domiciles. The investment needs of their clients are at the heart of their proposition and they are keen to stay competitive in the market. They offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, as well as the very highest level of service and support.
As an Investment Manager with significant assets under management and strong capabilities across asset classes, this is a key role to help drive and direct the product agenda.
- Working in partnership across Product Research and Development Group, investment teams, distribution and with key external market participants and contacts
- Drive innovation through leveraging internal and external engagement to provide insight to feed new product strategy discussion
- Oversee market/industry/client in-depth trend analysis and interpretation
- Conduct regular product reviews to ensure the line suite is fit for purpose.
- Foster an innovative environment across teams through insight, inclusion and collaboration
- Responsible for agreeing, in partnership with desk heads, the prioritisation of the new product development pipeline
- Help market map and build the strategy in conjunction with the Head of Product Strategy and Market Intelligence.
- Ensure new concepts are appropriately tested with target end clients, and other appropriate market participants, with feedback reflected in re-design.
- Work proactively with the sales and client teams to educate/inform/update on broader product set.
- Degree level, with Masters preferable or CAIA/CFA.
- Experience in the asset management industry, with knowledge on investment strategies across asset classes
- Thorough knowledge of key competitors and the competitive environment
- A good working knowledge of the legal and regulatory provisions associated with the role
- Knowledge of Morningstar Direct, Broadright, eVestment and Preqin
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships across the industry at a senior level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Credibility and ability to engage with senior managers across disciplines (portfolio management, distribution, strategy, marketing and operations) to discuss and facilitate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Working understanding of the product strategy and development lifecycle