Product Strategy Director
- Up to £125k base
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 19
A global asset manager based in the City are looking for a seasoned Product Strategist to join their growing team in London. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Strategy and acting as a trusted 2nd to the Head this role will involve helping drive and shape the firm's new product strategy/innovation and is involved in the concept to board approval phase of the Product Lifecycle.
The Product Strategy Director is a senior leader, with extensive knowledge of financial markets and distribution dynamics, with a problem-solving and pragmatic attitude to connect dots and help the fruitful exchange of experiences and needs between Investments and Sales. They will be experienced with the full product lifecycle from opportunity identification and evaluation, early strategy, through product development, and launch in the market. As such they will have the opportunity to shape the performance of the organization, taking on critical challenges and contributing to the company overall strategy.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Deep knowledge of core business strategy frameworks, competitive analysis, market definition, and market sizing.
- Ability to rationalize and frame a portfolio of new business development efforts to align to strategic goals.
Sourcing and Evaluating New Opportunities
- Proven ability to identify new markets and new product opportunities
- Research and analytical skills to evaluate and compare opportunities
- Wide area thinking to synthesize ideas across industries and channels
- Deep knowledge of efficient product development, and other product management business practices.
- Experience in product design and product positioning
- Track record of getting things done on time within tight deadlines and on budget
- Comfortable dealing with change and transformational projects.
- Ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Credibility in helping develop applied research to support strategic decision making, product, and commercial focus
- Deep knowledge of industry source material and data providers in both the institutional and retail/wholesale arenas
- Track record in the translation of research into forward looking conclusions and concrete actions in products
- Prior experience in launching new products to markets and/or creating new market categories.
- Experience in both retail and institutional business models
- Broad toolkit of techniques to find product/product fit by testing growth and value hypotheses.
Relationship and influence
- Ability to perform into a matrix organization with both direct and indirect reporting lines
- Experience being a mentor and builder of nimble and passionate teams
- Proven experience working in a complex environment where relationship building is critical, yet at the same time being entrepreneurial and fast-paced.
- Proactively seeks the views of others before making decisions while possessing excellent negotiation skills to achieve win-win outcomes that are in best interest of the enterprise strategy.