Product Strategist - Private Credit, Associate
Description About this role Position Overview:
The Global Credit Product Strategy team is responsible for representing our range of credit investment strategies to clients and internal partners. BlackRock's Global Credit platform is seeking to hire a product strategist to drive business growth related to our credit products. S/he will be expected to become an expert in private credit demonstrating an ability to understand and effectively communicate detailed investment content to clients, prospects and distribution teams. Responsibilities:
- Partner with portfolio managers to understand and be able to communicate current market conditions, portfolio performance and the opportunities arising for clients
- Create the firm's response to client and prospect due diligence (RFPs and DDQs)
- Monitor competitive universe through regular analysis of key competitors' current and envisaged products
- Create, develop and maintain marketing materials including thought pieces to assist in investor relations and external engagement
- Provide strategy, fundraising and investment updates to the Global Credit platform and BAI platform
- Participate in the launch of new funds including the internal approval process, developing legal structures and terms with outside counsel, creating the Fund documentation and liaising closely with distribution in their development of the marketing plan
- Support the development of customised solutions for individual clients
- Coordinate with internal business teams (Legal, business management, fund admin, operations, risk and portfolio analytics group)
- Assist those teams with fund closings, managing roadshows, marketing efforts, sales meetings and prospect lists, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from top undergraduate institutions; CFA/CAIA/MBA a plus
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in the financial services sector (sell-side bank, asset management, hedge fund, or private credit/equity); Private credit specific knowledge a plus
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships with both internal and external clients swiftly and effectively.
- Team approach - able to coordinate between various groups within a firm
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to understand and clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple projects within agreed timelines
- Strong analytical skills
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have experience in creating marketing materials
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- European languages an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.