Product Strategist - Euro Fundamental Fixed Income, Director
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Fixed Income team offer an array of fixed income products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. Within our active business, there are two core investment processes, systematic and fundamental. Our systematic active business which applies cutting-edge quantitative strategies to generate alpha for clients from security selection, macro and relative value opportunities. The fundamental business applies Fundamental investment styles and strategies to generate alpha for clients across Sterling, Euro, Emerging Markets and Global portfolio groups. This role is for a Product Strategist for the Euro Fundamental Fixed Income team.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for the development of Fixed Income products for Institutional and Retail clients, and representing these products to internal and external clients including investment consultants, existing clients and prospects. The universe of products includes index, model based active and fundamental active. The team is centrally involved in the firm's thought leadership agenda. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy team is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Institutional Client Business (ICB), and iShares & Wealth (iSW) Sales groups, who are responsible for managing and developing BlackRock's client relationships. Job Purpose/Background:
BlackRock's Fundamental Euro Fundamental Fixed income team is looking for a Director to support efforts to develop and promote our commercial efforts across our existing franchise.
The European fixed income range of funds are a leading component of BlackRock's EMEA product franchise. Having successfully built and grown a range of active funds with considerable commercial success, the team also led the development of a comprehensive ESG range which complements and completes or offering.
The individual will work in partnership with sales, marketing and other key stakeholders to promote and support the products, with a clear mandate and focus on commercial activities, both sales and defence. The successful candidate will possess knowledge of fixed income, investment management and global economics, as well as ESG. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional commercial skills, the ability to create and deliver on sales targets, and pivot to defence where appropriate. Strong communication skills, the ability to form trusted relationships with both Euro fixed income team members, and sales partners will also be key. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead external commercial strategy for the team, build and deliver on strategic growth plans
- Work alongside portfolio managers and product strategists to represent the European Fundamental Fixed Income range of funds to external and internal stakeholders.
- Deepen internal relationships with EMEA sales teams to understand and identify potential gaps in product range, identify industry trends.
- Present our funds and market views to existing and potential clients, act as a senior spokesperson for the team
- Build and improve narrative around ESG integration in investment process
- Drive forward future product innovation particularly around ongoing ESG requirements
- Be responsive to client requests and queries
- Robust knowledge of fixed income asset classes (govts, credit, ABS) and types of strategies (benchmark orientated, absolute return)
- Excellent commercial skills and track record. Client facing experience essential
- ESG knowledge alongside European regulation (SFDR, labels) an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills an advantage
- Post graduate qualifications favourable (CFA, MBA)
- IMC preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English, European language skills an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint essential; Bloomberg and other market data systems useful. Working knowledge of Aladdin, or other investment management tools, an advantage.
A successful candidate will have:
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form meaningful working partnerships
- Strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets, particularly in fixed income
- Strong understanding of ESG themes and issues
- Strong knowledge of global economics and markets and an interest in current affairs and events
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate fixed income concepts, ideas, and processes
- Team player and a collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks
- Disciplined organisation skills
- Ambitious work ethic and professional disposition
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.